How do you paint your business in your customer’s mind? I’ll tell you how.
Positioning refers to your competitive advantages in the market, it determines the direction of your business in the commercial market. It also means your corporate image that reflected your commercial competitiveness. With good positioning helps establish your business and the strategy to be used. Positioning occurs whether or not a company is proactive in developing a position, however, if management takes an intelligent, forward-looking approach, it can positively influence its brand positioning in the eyes of its target customers.
There are various of possibilities that will impact positioning such as,
- Geographic factors
- Business density factors
- Consumer spending factors
Positioning is the core of marketing strategy, in the same time the key of a successful business. Here’s some quick guide on how to draft a positioning strategy,
- Determine how your brand is currently positioning itself
- Identify your direct competitors
- Understand how each competitor is positioning their brand
- Identify your uniqueness
- Develop a distinct and value-based positioning idea
- Craft a brand positioning statement
- Test the efficacy of your brand positioning statement
In short, a good positioning strategy elevates the marketing efforts and helps a buyer move from knowledge of a product or service to its purchase.